Also known as a carbon laser peel or charcoal peel, is a non-invasive skin treatment that uses a specialized laser to improve the appearance of the skin. The procedure involves applying a thin layer of carbon paste on the skin, which is left to dry. The laser is then used to heat and vaporize the carbon, along with any impurities or dead skin cells that it has absorbed.
- FACEAED ***
- HANDSAED ***
- NECKAED ***
1. Avoid sun exposure: It is recommended to avoid direct sun exposure for at least one week prior to the treatment. This helps to reduce the risk of skin sensitivity and pigmentation issues.
2. Avoid other facial treatments: Refrain from getting any other facial treatments, such as chemical peels or microdermabrasion, for at least 2 weeks before the carbon laser facial.
3. Inform your Browns & Co Specialist about any medications or topical products you are using, as they may interfere with the treatment or post-care routine.
4. Cleanse your face: Cleanse your face thoroughly before the treatment to remove any makeup, dirt, or oils. This helps to ensure better penetration of the laser treatment.
1. Protect your skin from the sun: After the carbon laser facial, it is crucial to protect your skin from the sun. Apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher whenever going outside, and wear a wide-brimmed hat or use an umbrella for added protection.
2. Avoid excessive heat: Avoid hot showers, saunas, steam rooms, and activities that cause excessive sweating for at least 48 hours after the treatment. Heat can increase inflammation and sensitivity in the treated area.
3. Moisturize: Keep your skin well-hydrated by applying a gentle moisturizer regularly. This helps to soothe the skin and promote healing.
4. Avoid harsh products: Avoid using harsh skincare products, such as those containing retinol or exfoliating acids, for a few days after the treatment. These products can further irritate the skin.
5. Follow post-treatment instructions: Your healthcare provider may provide specific post-treatment instructions based on your individual needs. Follow these instructions carefully to ensure optimal results and minimize any potential side effects.
A carbon laser facial, also known as a carbon peel or Hollywood peel, is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that uses a laser to rejuvenate the skin. It involves applying a layer of liquid carbon to the skin, which is then targeted by the laser to remove dead skin cells, unclog pores, and stimulate collagen production.
During a carbon laser facial, the laser is attracted to the carbon particles on the skin’s surface. When the laser is directed at the carbon, it heats up and vaporises the particles, taking away dead skin cells, excess oil, and impurities. The laser energy also stimulates collagen production, resulting in improved skin texture, reduced pore size, and a more even complexion.
Some benefits of a carbon laser facial include:
– Improved skin texture and tone
– Reduced appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
– Smoother and more even complexion
– Reduced pore size
– Enhanced collagen production
– Decreased acne and acne scars
– Brighter and rejuvenated skin
Most people find the carbon laser facial to be relatively comfortable. You may experience a mild warming or tingling sensation during the procedure, but it is generally well-tolerated. Your Browns & Co specialist can apply a numbing cream before the treatment to minimise any discomfort.
The duration of a carbon laser facial can vary depending on the size of the treated area. Typically, the procedure takes around 30 minutes to an hour. It is often referred to as a lunchtime facial because it can be done during a lunch break.
The number of sessions required for optimal results can vary based on individual needs and skin conditions. However, most people see noticeable improvements after a series of 3 to 6 treatments, spaced 2 to 4 weeks apart. Your healthcare provider can assess your skin and recommend the appropriate number of sessions for you.
Carbon laser facials are generally safe with minimal side effects. Some people may experience temporary redness, mild swelling, or a sunburn-like sensation, which usually subsides within a few hours to a day. It is important to follow the post-care instructions provided by your specialist to minimise any potential side effects and promote healing.
It is generally recommended to avoid wearing makeup immediately after a carbon laser facial to allow the skin to breathe and recover.