LASER TATTOO REMOVAL
Browns & Co uses a Q-switched laser The Q-switched laser works by delivering intense light energy to the tattooed area, targeting the tattoo ink specifically. The laser energy breaks down the ink particles into smaller fragments, which are then gradually eliminated by the body’s immune system. The wavelength of the laser is chosen based on the colors of the tattoo ink, as different colors require different wavelengths to effectively break down the pigments. Q-switched laser tattoo removal is known for its ability to selectively target the tattoo ink while minimising damage to the surrounding skin. The procedure is generally safe and well-tolerated, although multiple sessions may be needed to achieve optimal results depending on the size, color, and depth of the tattoo. It’s important to consult with our Doctor or laser specialist to determine the best approach for your specific tattoo removal needs.
- EYEBROWSAED 950
- SMALL TATTOOAED 500**
- MEDIUM TATTOOAED 750**
- LARGE TATTOOAED 1000**
- EXTRA LARGE TATTOOAED 1500**
1. Consultation: Schedule a consultation with your Browns & Co laser specialist to assess your tattoo and determine if you are a suitable candidate for Q-switch laser tattoo removal.
2. Avoid sun exposure: Protect the tattooed area from sun exposure for at least one week before the treatment. Sunburned or tanned skin can affect the effectiveness of the laser treatment.
3. Avoid self-tanning products: Do not use self-tanning products on the tattooed area before the treatment, as they can interfere with the laser’s ability to target the tattoo ink.
4. Avoid blood-thinning medications: If you are taking blood-thinning medications, consult with your healthcare provider about temporarily stopping them before the treatment to reduce the risk of bleeding or bruising.
1. Follow aftercare instructions: Your healthcare provider will provide you with specific aftercare instructions. Follow them carefully to promote healing and minimize the risk of complications. This may include applying an antibiotic ointment, keeping the area clean and dry, and avoiding certain activities that can irritate the treated area.
2. Protect the treated area from sun exposure: After Q-switch laser tattoo removal, the treated skin may be more sensitive to the sun. Protect the area from direct sunlight by wearing clothing that covers the area or applying a broad-spectrum sunscreen with a high SPF.
3. Avoid picking or scratching: It is normal for the treated area to scab, blister, or peel. Avoid picking or scratching at these areas, as it can lead to scarring or infection. Let the skin heal naturally.
4. Keep the area clean: Gently clean the treated area with mild soap and water. Pat it dry with a clean towel and avoid rubbing.
5. Avoid strenuous activities: Avoid activities that can cause excessive sweating or friction on the treated area, as it can irritate the skin and delay the healing process.
6. Follow up with your healthcare provider: Attend any scheduled follow-up appointments to monitor the progress of the tattoo removal and address any concerns or questions you may have.
Q-switch laser tattoo removal uses high-intensity laser pulses to break down the tattoo ink into smaller particles. The body’s immune system then gradually removes these particles over time, fading the tattoo.
When performed by a qualified and experienced professional, Q-switch laser tattoo removal is considered safe. However, there is a risk of potential side effects such as temporary skin irritation, redness, blistering, or changes in skin pigmentation. It’s important to follow pre and post-care instructions.
Q-switch laser technology is effective in removing a wide range of tattoo colors. However, certain colors, such as yellow and white, may be more challenging to remove compared to darker colors like black, grey or red. Your Browns & Co laser specialist can assess your specific tattoo and provide more information on the expected results.
The number of sessions needed for complete tattoo removal varies depending on various factors, including the color, age, and depth of the tattoo. On average, it may take between 2-4 sessions spaced several weeks apart to achieve significant fading or complete removal. Your specialist will assess your tattoo and provide a personalised treatment plan. Removal packages are also available.
Q-switch laser tattoo removal can cause some discomfort during the treatment. Most people describe the sensation as similar to being snapped with a rubber band or feeling a hot, prickling sensation on the skin. Topical numbing creams or cooling techniques will be used to minimise discomfort during the procedure.
When removing eyebrow tattoos, it’s important to protect the eyes from the laser light. Eye shields or protective goggles are used during the treatment to ensure safety. Additionally, your specialist will closely monitor the treatment to avoid any damage to the surrounding eyebrow hair.
After Q-switch laser tattoo removal, the treated area may be red, swollen, or blistered. Over the next few weeks, the skin will heal, and the tattoo will gradually fade. It’s important to follow the post-care instructions provided by your healthcare provider to promote proper healing and minimise the risk of complications.
Yes, soft light laser treatment can be used on other areas of the body for hair reduction as well.